Sunday, 20 January 2013

Dina Caliente-Round 7- House 3a.

Welcome back to Dina's household. Here she is enjoying her elder years and wanting to sell a masterpiece.

Her husband Magnus was the former Mr Big of the 'hood. Yep- he loves to preen.

Here are their kids, oldest son Vito came home last time after graduating college. The twins Arianna & Mario are teens and still undecided about college being that Arianna is Family and Mario is Romance.

On Tuesday before school the teens were watching the cooking channel when a fire broke out...

As the other household members were busy there was no-one to save them from the flames.

When Dina & Magnus got to the scene their twins had perished in the fire. Dina got down on her knees and begged the Reaper to give them a second chance.

She pleaded for and saved Mario's life.


But Death was not as generous on her attempt to save Arianna.
 
Poor Dina.
 
The whole house was shaken by the tragedy. Vito threw himself into finishing his final skill to max them out.
 
Then he wished for a date with his college sweetheart Monica Bratford. During the date they got engaged and Vito rolled a wish to get married.
 
So I headed to college to play Monica through college before she graduated and moved in with Vito.
 
Upon moving in Monica had a wish for a pet, as did Mario and so two cats joined the family, Darcy and Liza. Midnight the cat is still here, older now and retired after having reached the top of all 3 pet careers.
 
Vito wished to visit the Far East and so he, Monica and Mario went off leaving Dina & Magnus behind looking after the cats.
 
Monica got a nice little windfall from a wish.
 
See what she wished for?! They decided to just go ahead and get married so the holiday became a honeymoon.
 
Funny how even as far away as the Far East the Locals seem to know all about Mary Gavigan having become a vampire forever and a day ago.
 
Monica was the only one of the party worthy enough to learn the secret art of teleportation.
 
Back in the home 'hood and Vito can't wait to show off his new bride to the neighbours. Sophie Miguel is thinking rather too much of Monica!
 
Having Knowledge as a secondary aspiration means Mario wants to skill a lot. He seems to roll a college wish every time he gets a skill, and then it rolls away. I am undecided until he decides but for now he's using his vacation benefits to get some skills and scholarships. He's also has a silver toymaker badge.
 
Monica is all about Nature and has a Gold badge in Gardening, she wants a Gold in Fishing too and got in the zone just before the pond froze over for Winter. Her fishing badge will have to wait.
 
Vito is training Darcy up for the promotion that he, Dina and Magnus want to see Darcy get. Darcy and Liza had 2 kittens, Bingley and Jane. (Guess what I was watching?). :D
 
Winter seems to be the time for giving and receiving. Dina wished to gift Vito (which was good as I could empty her inventory into his- her days are numbered now). Then Vito immediately rolled to give a gift back. heh.
 
Vito got a bit frozen when swimming. Well, it is winter! He also wanted a tent and to woohoo in said tent. This also contributed to his cadaverous appearance although you'd think a bit of woohoo would warm you up eh?
 
Magnus is still trying to get in the zone in Science. He's 9 now so hopefully will get his plaque next time!
 
Although Monica & Vito have been enjoying their honeymoon phase there are no baby signs. Maybe they will be the Pleasantview 'Regan & Cornwall'?!
Monica did wish to buy a holiday home and so purchased a log cabin in Three Lakes which she now wants to visit.
 
As the family relax on their last day (Mario is off playing with the cats) we'll catch up with them next time.
 
Summary,
 
Dina-  mainly wanted to sell a masterpiece this week. It took her about 5 paintings before she did it. She also wished to talk and blog about Arts & Crafts. Her other wishes were to woohoo, get a skill, plant a seed, call a sim and praise the cats as well as seeing them get promoted.
 
Magnus- He's a Fortune sim but trained for pleasure, often found watching tv or soaking in the hot tub. He likes to play games, meet someone new, hustle pool, stargaze, train and command the cats and see them promoted, He learnt Couples Counselling this week.
 
Vito- He's Knowledge but secondary fortune and all I saw were 'buy me, buy me!' wishes after he'd maxed that last skill. Taking him and Monica on dates shook his wishes up a bit. He did wish for the vacation and marriage though. He was completely hopeless at the Ninja's questions and got them wrong every time he tried.
 He also has a wish to improve his Fishing badge. I think he'd be a great dad but so far nothing. I wonder if the cats are preventing this? There are 5 sims and 5 cats in the house at the moment. I shall send the kittens to be adopted next time.
 
Mario- No Romance for Mario this week, he chatted up a few girls on holiday but once home really just wanted to skill and meet new people. He has most scholarships now and with 3 days until adult he may or may not roll the college wish again.
 
Monica- Wanted to fish, plant seeds and get in the zone in Nature. She learnt Anger Management this week and bought a holiday home. She maxed her skills in college as well as joining the Secret Society there and becoming Big Sim on Campus. She graduated with a 4.0 in Physics and her LTW was to become a Mad Scientist which she did after finding the job quickly and getting in at level 9 thanks to her degree.
 
The fire- Aww, poor Arianna. When Grimmie arrived I had Dina race downstairs to plead for the twins. She wasn't given the option who to choose (I assume Mario died just after Arianna and so he was first to be saved). Grimmie wasn't having any of it the second time though and Dina lost the game and Arianna lost her life. Haven't seen her ghost yet.
The ironic part of the whole 'fire incident' was that the kids were watching the cooking channel and as they were on 'fire' so was the show on tv.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Awww poor Aianna. I guess Grimmie has no patience for giving up more than one soul at a time. But yay seeing Monica Bratford being played. I have never played her. I also have never married Sims on vacation either. :D I will have to try it! I see lots of great skilling and accomplishments this round! I'd say yes, the number of cats is preventing more Sims from coming in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wen. Yes I think you are right about the cats. I shall ship the kitties to the adoption pool ready for the next time someone has a 'raise 20'.. lol.
      I've played Monica before- she has the funniest expressions. She also has glasses that are not found anywhere in the game! At least I can't find them, unless they are in the men's category. I know Maxis did that with Romeo's hat (which is in the female category). I wish they'd share the secret of how to do that with us. :D

      I've never married anyone on vacation either, I had a death once (when Carlos Contender married Brandi Broke in my megahood- poor Carlos died on his honeymoon of electrocution at the Witch Doctor's hut but Brandi had the opportunity to save him- whew). Anyway- back on track heh, yeah it seemed like the perfect opportunity to get Monica hitched to Vito. :)

      There are gonna be a lot of elder deaths in round 8 I think.

      Delete
  2. Awww. RIP Arianna. I don't think I ever had a teen die when I played, but rarely let my sims do dangerous things like actually having a fire in the fireplace with a rug in front. If/when I play Sims 2 again I'm going to have to make a point to allow more opportunities for tragedy to strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think playing the Black Widow and other challenges on those lines has helped me to not worry so much about deaths, etc. It's all just a game after all. :D

      Delete
  3. A family tragedy! Sounds like the kind of stuff that happens in my 'hood a lot!

    Monica looks lovely with the different hairdo. These two would make great babies, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I was thinking of your 'hood when this happened, but I couldn't bring myself to not have anyone plead for their lives, lol.
      Yeah I like Monica, maybe they'll have babies next round!

      Delete
  4. Awww...poor Arianna. I guess Grimme felt that giving Dina 1/2 her twins back was good enough. I don't think I've had a teen die. I had a death in college once...although I brought him back....I might not have if his soon-to-be mother in law didn't have the LTW to have 6 kids get married. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Magnus had pleaded for Arianna if that may have worked? I'll never know now. I rarely lose to the Reaper but then I don't have to plead that often. lol.

      Delete